
After that we took the tube over to King's Cross Station. Does that name sound familiar to anyone? Hopefully it will if you are a Harry Potter fan.

Yes King's Cross Station... that magical location in the middle of a muggle world where Harry Potter first steps into the wizarding world. 

Well due so all of the muggle tourists that have most likely been searching for this special location, a platform 9 and 3/4 appeared and as muggles we were able to stand at the wall and wish to go through but alas! (as Dumbledore would say) the wall would not let us magical folks in.
I wish y'all (yes I now have a Texan accent since I've been living in London) could see my facial expression more properly because it would make you snort with laughter. I think I was a little bit too happy about visiting the platform. Everybody else was quite excited to go too. There are quite a lot of Harry Potter fans although I can't imagine why you wouldn't be one.
I wish y'all (yes I now have a Texan accent since I've been living in London) could see my facial expression more properly because it would make you snort with laughter. I think I was a little bit too happy about visiting the platform. Everybody else was quite excited to go too. There are quite a lot of Harry Potter fans although I can't imagine why you wouldn't be one. [Angie, Chase, Jennifer, Me, Jami]
For lunch we stopped in at a local pub and had a pint or two. Or three. . . Actually while there Chase informed us that this was his 4th time having fish and chips in London which is pretty sad because we hadn't even been there 72 hours yet.
After lunch we went over to Trafalga square where they kindly put up signs to remind the world of London's demon pigeons. Those people from Mary Poppins shouldn't have given the bird woman their tuppence (??). They are creepy little birds. They follow you very closely and will not be moved unless you kick them although that doesnt always work either.
At the base of a monument for some short guy that won a war there are the 4 lions made out of French canons that I mentioned previously. Well, we decided to climb on those lions like little French children.
And guess what? we had a lovely time. BTW, if I mentioned this previously I apologize but the short guy that has a statue at the top of the monument was shot and died about 10 minutes into the battle he won so they needed to preserve his body until they returned home so they picked him in a barrel of gin. Well it turns out that when the barrel got home it was only half full and there were holes in the barrel about the size of straws. I guess some sailors got thirsty.
There are also 2 fountains out in front of the National Gallery/in Trafalga Square. We walked through about 100 rooms in the National Gallery looking at paintings from artists like Van Gogh (you know that painting with the sunflowers in the vase? ya I saw it from about 2 feet away), Da Vinci (one of my favorites), Piccasso (I cannot figure out why he is famous), Monet (okay artist.), and Turner (my new favorite painter). After about 2 hours I wanted to collapse. Art is not my thing.
While walking down the streets we decided to try on some of the latest London fashion? Gorgeous, right?
Later on we walked back over to the House of Parliament/Big Ben/Westminster Abbey/the London Eye/the Thames River. Ya they're all in basically the same place. Saves walking time I guess.
These lovely coppers were in front of the House of Parliament. Although you probably cannot tell, I think I am grimacing or have a look of fear on my face. Want to know why? The bobby on the left said to me while the picture was being taken "I'll hold you just like this since you're such a lovely looking lass" or something very close to that. Policemen are not supposed to be strange like that. And no he wasn't just joking. He was a creeper. The guy in the giftshop at the National Gallery had already taken care of the flirting for the day. My heck.
Ain't it just so cute?
This woman was my failure dresser for the day. Her denim skirt turned into capris. At the same time that is was a skirt. Ew.
For lunch we stopped in at a local pub and had a pint or two. Or three. . . Actually while there Chase informed us that this was his 4th time having fish and chips in London which is pretty sad because we hadn't even been there 72 hours yet.
After lunch we went over to Trafalga square where they kindly put up signs to remind the world of London's demon pigeons. Those people from Mary Poppins shouldn't have given the bird woman their tuppence (??). They are creepy little birds. They follow you very closely and will not be moved unless you kick them although that doesnt always work either.
At the base of a monument for some short guy that won a war there are the 4 lions made out of French canons that I mentioned previously. Well, we decided to climb on those lions like little French children.
And guess what? we had a lovely time. BTW, if I mentioned this previously I apologize but the short guy that has a statue at the top of the monument was shot and died about 10 minutes into the battle he won so they needed to preserve his body until they returned home so they picked him in a barrel of gin. Well it turns out that when the barrel got home it was only half full and there were holes in the barrel about the size of straws. I guess some sailors got thirsty.
There are also 2 fountains out in front of the National Gallery/in Trafalga Square. We walked through about 100 rooms in the National Gallery looking at paintings from artists like Van Gogh (you know that painting with the sunflowers in the vase? ya I saw it from about 2 feet away), Da Vinci (one of my favorites), Piccasso (I cannot figure out why he is famous), Monet (okay artist.), and Turner (my new favorite painter). After about 2 hours I wanted to collapse. Art is not my thing.
While walking down the streets we decided to try on some of the latest London fashion? Gorgeous, right?
Later on we walked back over to the House of Parliament/Big Ben/Westminster Abbey/the London Eye/the Thames River. Ya they're all in basically the same place. Saves walking time I guess.
These lovely coppers were in front of the House of Parliament. Although you probably cannot tell, I think I am grimacing or have a look of fear on my face. Want to know why? The bobby on the left said to me while the picture was being taken "I'll hold you just like this since you're such a lovely looking lass" or something very close to that. Policemen are not supposed to be strange like that. And no he wasn't just joking. He was a creeper. The guy in the giftshop at the National Gallery had already taken care of the flirting for the day. My heck.
Ain't it just so cute?
This woman was my failure dresser for the day. Her denim skirt turned into capris. At the same time that is was a skirt. Ew.





No comments:
Post a Comment