About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Friday, May 29, 2009

London Day 10

Okay day 10...... Well in the morning we had Facinelli's class which really wasn't that bad. Jami told me that I yawn a lot in that class and that Facinelli glares at me a bit but I have yet to notice. Don't worry though... I think she still likes me

This is one of the little walkways that we take to class now that we have figured out the shortest path and cut off 10 minutes of walking time. I just wish that we'd figured it out sooner
After picking up tickets at Leicester Square for Phantom of the Opera that night we headed over to Harrods. As Liz our tour guide puts it.... Harrods is where you can buy everything from an egg to an elephant. There's something like 250 types of cheese you can buy there. . . . Designer brands like Gucci, Armani, and Prada......... Rooms and rooms with thousands of shoes. A hundred makeup counters with assistants looking absolutely perfect already holding a brush to brighten your appearance.... In summary............ HEAVEN. The only problem though.... you have to have money. We weren't even sure if they would let us in because they have been known to turn out people wearing jeans before. But luckily they did and we got to look around. There weren't any pictures allowed in the store but if I could have gotten one it would have been with the £9000 chinchilla fur coat. Oh my heavens it was SO soft and beautiful. And expensive. take £9000 and multiply it by 1.4-1.5 and that's the amount in dollars. Poor little animals though. The must have killed 50-100 for one coat.

On the way to Phantom in the Tube we got yet another glimpse of nasty dressed Europeans. The picture below looks like one of Angie? Nope it's mostly so I could always remember the woman next to her with the black bra. :)


Phantom of the Opera was at Her Majesty's Theater

Phantom of the Opera!! The musical I have wanted to see FOREVER

Can you tell I was REALLY excited?
This is right before the show. Even though we got discount tickets they were still pricey. Angie and I got £37.31 tickets on the very edge about half way back. The seats weren't too bad though. Jami and Jenn got 2nd row seats. Can you say awesome? It was especially cool for them because the chandellier and the phantom swoop over the audience right above them. What was cool though is that during the intermission Angie and I moved down and took up residence in 2 empty spaces at the end of aisle 3. Dang amazing. We were about 10 feet away from the actors/actresses!! It was such a fantastic musical. I cannot even express how much I loved it.
Theater by night
After Phantom ended we stopped at a shop on the way home and modeled some sunglasses among other things
A lady from Brazil took this picture. You would think that when you go to London you would see Londoners. Well Londoners don't really exist much anymore. London is the city of everything from everywhere

It was a FABULOUS night-

No comments:

Post a Comment