First off, there were a lot of people. A LOT. So many that you could barely walk and our group of 5 was impossible. Chase was in Paris this weekend so our group consisted of me, Jami, Angie, Jenn, and another guy named Adam Sneed from our school group.
In case I haven't already mentioned this, there are a lot of people that like to sing on the streets of London. Portobello Road was definitely NOT an exception. I did kind of like these 2 guys though so I have posted a video. I don't know if it will work or if it's any good but at least I tried.This man I don't even know what to think of him. I think my first thought was "where did his dignity go?" I mean, really? He was singing to music and pretending to play a guitar from Rockband. I think the flippers were what really got us
Example 3:
I can't wait to get back to normal hairstyles in the U.S.
So anyways..... Portobello Market..........
Although I do not claim that they have "anything and everything" they do have a lot of interesting things like :

Another thing that I noticed more frequently was the large amount of English hair styles commonly found on English men. I think the idea is to get your hair as big, frizzy, and gross as possible.
Example 3:
I can't wait to get back to normal hairstyles in the U.S.So anyways..... Portobello Market..........
Although I do not claim that they have "anything and everything" they do have a lot of interesting things like :-telescopes
-leather balls. of all kinds. I even saw one that was probably about 3 feet in diameter
pewter dishes. One woman picked up a spoon and it was £250. The next one she picked up was only £150 because it was 100 years newer. Did these people rob castles? I think so
I thought I had seen some weird shoes. I think these surpasses some of the worst I've seen.
I especially became worried when I saw the writing on this one:
A third thing that was reaffirmed is the European love of the female body and fertility. My heck.
Look, you can even do house work in scandolous lingerie. This stuff is EVERYWHERE
another thing I saw was a stand of WWII artifacts. Jami asked the old men that were selling the stuff if they were in the war and they said no, they were just making money.
I really really wanted to buy a pocketwatch. There were lots of them and they were only £10 and really nice looking but I refrained because what in heavens am I going to do with a pocketwatch? I did take a picture to make myself feel better though. And I do quite like this picture. It's very...... artistic
There was also a lot of food for sale at Portobello Market. These grapes were huge. I put my hand by them so you could have something to compare them with.
This was my fashion outfit for the day. Weird.
After Portobello Market we went back to our flats and had lunch and then took a train to Hampton Court Palace where Henry the 8th (among many other royalty) lived although I'm pretty sure he built it with all the tax money he collected and some other palaces too. Anyways, I forgot my camera so these pictures are courtesy of Jenn. 




-leather balls. of all kinds. I even saw one that was probably about 3 feet in diameter
pewter dishes. One woman picked up a spoon and it was £250. The next one she picked up was only £150 because it was 100 years newer. Did these people rob castles? I think so
I thought I had seen some weird shoes. I think these surpasses some of the worst I've seen.
I especially became worried when I saw the writing on this one:
A third thing that was reaffirmed is the European love of the female body and fertility. My heck.
Look, you can even do house work in scandolous lingerie. This stuff is EVERYWHERE
another thing I saw was a stand of WWII artifacts. Jami asked the old men that were selling the stuff if they were in the war and they said no, they were just making money.
I really really wanted to buy a pocketwatch. There were lots of them and they were only £10 and really nice looking but I refrained because what in heavens am I going to do with a pocketwatch? I did take a picture to make myself feel better though. And I do quite like this picture. It's very...... artistic
There was also a lot of food for sale at Portobello Market. These grapes were huge. I put my hand by them so you could have something to compare them with.
This was my fashion outfit for the day. Weird.
After Portobello Market we went back to our flats and had lunch and then took a train to Hampton Court Palace where Henry the 8th (among many other royalty) lived although I'm pretty sure he built it with all the tax money he collected and some other palaces too. Anyways, I forgot my camera so these pictures are courtesy of Jenn.Here's Hampton Court Palace. This is just the very front middle but it's about 3x as big as it is in the picture. Really it's HUGE. 

We even got to meet King Henry VIII and his wife. This one I think was Catherine Parr. Maybe. He had so many I don't even know.

After we toured the castle for a few hours we decided to brave the maze that is created of hedges. I think we accidentely took the easy exit once we reached the center but oh well. It really wasn't too exciting.

After the maze we toured some of the gardens and there was one huge area with just roses which smelled wonderful. Hampton Court Palace is in the background.

Here is the Thames River about 30 miles from the other pictures I took. I thought this was a beautiful view.

Here's Angie and I on the train ride home. I think we both got a bit sunburnt. In fact, I don't think... I know. My neck has been itching horribly for 2 days now. It's not supposed to be sunny though!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment