About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

London Day 1


Well I am alive and sort of well. I just barely ate my first real meal here and if you would have asked me an hour ago if I could have kept it down I would have told you no. I'm not sure if it was the chicken chow mein I ate for dinner

or maybe it was the mango juice I decided to brave from the market

or possibly it was just from freezing last night with my single white blanket and the window hatch open.


whatever it was, first thing I did this morning was pop an asprin and tylenol to ease the pain.

Last night after we arrived in London we had orientation and then were free to wander as we pleased. I first went straight to the library to check my ASU grades and guess what?! I passed and managed to retain my scholarship! After that I went looking for dinner with Kate and Kassie (I think those are their names) and after an hour or more of walking we finally arrived at a Chinese take out shop and ordered some food. There were other places to eat but unless you're buying the cheapest burger at McDonalds you better plan on going broke awfully fast. We did actually stop in at one of the many local pubs but there wasn't really anything on the menu that appealed.... They even offered Bloody Mary ketchup. Yum, right?


After dinner we dropped off our stuff and leftover food and went over to the closest supermarket (I think that's what they call them here. They have cycles instead of bikes so they might as well call them supermarkets) The supermarket we went to is called Sainsbury but everytime I try to remember the name I think of salisbury and get a little hungry.




Once we got home from Sainsbury's it was around 10pm which I guess is only 2pm in AZ but I had only gotten 2 hours of sleep in the past 36 or so so what did I do? sleep? no. Course not. I took a long shower! Long not being so long though because the showers are rather small. BHAB showers come off as large compared to these.



But you think the shower is miniscule? Check out my closet.



I apologize if my making fun of my small rooms comes of as complaining but I am not at all. Let's just refer to them as the quaint little apartment. My kitchen is just the perfect size for all of my food needs.

It's rather funny though because the bathroom is about half the size of mine and Jami's bedroom. I thought it would be smaller.




And in case you were wondering, yes that is yellow toilet paper.




In case you are deathly curious about the rest of my apartment here it is:


Yeah that's it. I promise.



Well yesterday I spotted my first European car and was very jealous



But then I realized that they're all like that. I guess it costs £8 a day to drive in this area since it's downtown expensive Kennsington and £25 to park. No wonder all of the cars are brand new with emblems like VW and M3 and BMW...





Last night while we were walking around we spotted a police station (??) and took pictures with it since supposedly it is some kind of time travel device.














We also spotted a whole bunch of telephones but it turns out they all have straight up porn plastered on the inside of them so I just stood outside for the picture.














Today though I did find one that was clean inside and decided to step inside for a picture. Oh wait, did I say clean? Whoops someone peed in it so I guess visually clean?











This morning we went to Hyde/Kennsington Park which is only about a 15 minute walk from our living area. The thing I wanted to see most in London is the Peter Pan statue in Hyde Park but guess what?











It was under construction. I guess I will have to come back later.


Just a couple more pictures from this morning:
Kill the ox!
Serpentine River in Hyde Park


Queen Victoria


The park bench by the pond in Hyde Park where Riley and her lover talk during Winning London





Chloe bench.... how cute. awww... tender!


Some rich palace place.... hmmm




pretty tree







cute old couple holding hands in the beautiful park setting....
More later. I have to catch a tour bus in 20 minutes!
-In London and loving it



3 comments:

  1. ........yeah, because your food needs are so little, they're almost non-existent. I think I could eat all of the food in that could fit in your kitchenette in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those little red phone booths! And i HATE small showers.

    ReplyDelete