About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

London Day 9

Today was long and I am beginning to run out of energy. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

This morning was Montessano's class with more stuff on Blake. It wasn't too bad but about an hour in or so I started doodling on my paper. At the end of class we analyzed some paintings and I actually really enjoyed doing so. I'm not big into the art world but there is so much that can be taken out of art when you take the time to give it some thought and analyze it.

After class we ate a quick lunch and then met at the Gloucester Tube station where we headed over to Holborn Station where from there we walked over to the British Museum. For those of you who don't know, the British Museum is the biggest and greatest museum to exist on the face of this earth. It contains a bit of everything. There were the statues from Easter Island and mummies from Egypt and artifacts from Africa and statues from Athens. And that is just barely skimming the surface. We had a tour guide named Sean and he was Irish. We went around to some of the major stuff but we probably only saw about 5-10% of what was there. By the time the tour ended though we called it quits and went back home. There is just not enough energy to dash from museum to historical location every minute of every day. On the way home we stopped at the Red Bus Shop which is just a souvenier (sp??) store and I bought a tape dispenser. That's right.... I go all the way to London and instead of buying a magnet with Big Ben on it I bought a tape dispenser but it was love at first sight and I figure it will be useful in the future. In fact, I was already meaning to buy tape today so that I could tape pictures on my wall. I just didn't know that the tape would come with such a lovely clear tape dispenser with water and shells inside it. I'll post a picture tomorrow for y'all to see.

When we got home we had some dinner (because we are ALWAYS hungry and ALWAYS eating here). After dinner I did a load of laundry while I also cleaned up all of my stuff and made my bed for the first time in a few days. My bed only has a fitted sheet and a blanket but ya know that is okay because that's what I have at home too so I didn't bother to find proper bed attire.

Since laundry and cleaning I have just been working on homework and catching up on some online stuff. Sounds a bit boring but it's nice to just take a breather. Tomorrow we're gonna try and get tickets to see Phantom of the Opera. Hopefully we can get some cheap half price ones. I can't wait until class is over tomorrow and it's the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment