About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Dublin Day 5

Day 5. Well since it was Sunday and we were exhausted we decided to sleep in and not set any alarms. We woke up around noon which is kind of sad seeing as how I went to bed at midnight. Tired? Maybe. LazY? haha yes.

So since we slept in everybody was a little bit happier. At least for the 1st hour we woke up. I decided to even put some extra effort into my appearance. See that hair? Yes it is blowdryed. That shows some dedication.
We decided that we needed to go to the Ireland Museum since we were in Dublin and it did sound a little bit important. Unfortunately (except, false.) they did not let us take pictures there so instead I decided to show you what we found on the way there.

Yes..... this is a dead cat. At least that is what we decided it was. It was just laying there in someone's front yard. How you do not realize that there is a mummified cat in your front yard? I don't know. I'm surprised it looked this good seeing as how it rains in Dublin more than anywhere else in the entire world. Okay well that is stretching things but really... this thing was dry. I would just like to point out the object by it's mouth. Alcohol? Oh yes it is. I think you get the message as to what alcohol will do to you.
After the boring museum we went to the Botanical Gardens and the first thing we saw when we walked was what? A tropical flower? A native Ireland bush? Nope. A desert landscape. Imagine that. I still have not figured out how those cacti have not drowned.
That night we went to the Arlington Hotel for an expensive dinner (which we thought we had to buy in order to see the show) and some Irish singing and dancing. The appetizers looked like those plates you see in movies where there is a 10'' plate and a dab of food in the middle. The main course though was big so I was happy though.
We made online reservations before and when we got there guess what table we were at? Number 114. Lucky lucky.
There was a picture of this guy on the wall. It was kind of weird since it didn't really fit the atmosphere but nothing prepared me for what happened when I looked at him later. He pulled out an ipod and was listening to music. No joke this picture has an ipod and will teach you how to properly draft beer. I videotaped him but am uncapable at the moment of uploading that video. You will just have to trust me.
The 3 guys singing let you request songs so Jami and I requested Danny Boy because Jami's boyfriend is named Daniel and my missionary (??) is named Danny. As I hope you guys already know. It was a lovely song.
I guess this is typical but there were beer holders on their mic stands. So weird. So much drinking in Ireland.
Gotta go but I'm slowly catching up on blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment