About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

London Day 22 -- Final Day! (in London)

This morning we went to the earlier class so we could have extra time to do stuff on our last day. We are being picked up by a coach at 4:15am tomorrow so this is going to be quick and then I'm going home and finishing packing and sleeping. Oh I love sleep.

Anyways after class we went to the Tate Museum which is basically all modern art. I DO NOT like modern art. It's not art. It's just ..... ew. When we first went in the museum they had this hands on thing but I had flip flops on so I couldnt do the cool think like walk the tight rope.

But I did walk back and forth in the pipe thingy. It was..... okay.
I did appreciate this one picture. It's by Picasso and it's called The Kiss. It made me kinda want to throw up. I think I like it for that reason.
On the Tube I saw another good example of London style. Tight pants, weird socks, and trashy boots. I could wear my turquoise jeans and moccasin boots here and be accepted. I'm not sure that is a good thing though

After Tate we had a tour at the Tower of London. It was pretty cool...

They drained the moat a long time ago because people back in the forever hundred years ago ages used to dump their garbage in it. Liz told us they dumped dead babies in there too. I'm not sure whether to believe her or not.

They lock up some of the ravens. The belief is that if ravens leave the Tower of London, it will fall so now they clip their wings so they have to stay. BTW- I don't like ravens anymore. LIz said they will bite your fingers off. I do belive that.

The white part is the Queen's house. Built for Henry VIII's 2nd wife Anne Boleyn (6 fingers woman). However, the only time she got to live there was when she was locked up before she was hung for treason.
This is the White Tower. There are actually 22 towers at the "Tower" of London. William the Conqueror built it and shipped the stones from Normandy and somewhere else after he took over England to show that he was powerful and show how far his kingdom extended.

This is our 4 some with Liz. I will miss that woman. (In case you are not catching on she was our tour guide)
The tower in the back is the Bloody Tower named that because that's where the 2 princes were supposedly murdered. No one knows for sure if they were murdered though. They theory is that either Henry VII did or Richard the III. They found bones of 2 boys that they think are the princes but the Queen does not want research done on them to see if it's actually them.
The Bloody Tower is also supposed to have the torture stuff I think but it had none which I thought was reeeeeeally lame. There were 3 torture devices in the tower next door though so I was a little bit happy about that.

This item forced people to stay in a crouched position. ouch.


This is the rack where they would stretch you.
Here is the cobblestone street in Tower of London. It's probably the original stone. I'm pretty sure most of it here does date back several centuries.
This is one of the Beefeaters. They are the guards and are all ex army or Air Force
Tower Bridge. Very pretty. I liked it quite a bit
This is the crowd when we got off the tube around 6:15 pm. There is a Tube strike going on starting 7 tonight and lasting for 48 hours. No trains= oh my huge problem. The Tube is to cars in Mesa as cars are to the buses. Almost everyone rides the Tube. I'm glad we're leaving and can avoid it. BTW- this crowd is not even bad. It was much worse in other places. I just didnt get other pictures


We went out for dinner and I decided it was okay since it was the last night. The place we went to is an Italian resturant called Dino's and it's next to Earl's Court Tube station right down the street from our flat. It was soooo good. I also got a mango-pear smoothie which was.... interesting. It wasnt really much of a smoothie but just juice.
Love you all and I will report back once I get settled in Ireland. They don't have our housing ready yet and it's supposed to be raining when we get there. We also have class tomorrow afternoon which will be in Facinelli's flat (if it's ready.) If not, we get to have class outside in the rain. Probably not but tomorrow should be interesting with all dead tired people and nowhere to crash.


Oh and Facinelli (one of my teachers) said that one of the 2 buses into Dublin that we can take goes right by the beach. I think I'm gonna bundle up and spent a few afternoons by the seashore although I doubt it will be anything like San Diego beaches. Maybe like Washington beaches more? Think Twilight? haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment