About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Edinburgh Day 8

Thursday was our daytrip to the Highlands, Fort William, and Loch Ness.
Me in the Highlands... One of the most beautiful places in the world.
This.......... is.................. Hamish. I luff him so much. He is a Heelan' Coo. Or as we Americans would say it, Highland Cow but that is boring. He's 16 and the coolest cow around.
We jumped in Loch Ness!! The bus driver says that the warmest the water gets is 4 or 5 degrees Celsius and that is in July/August. The initial splash in was kinda cold but I've been in about the same or worse.
See that boat in the back? Yeah that's why we had to get out. We wanted to go swimming more but they kicked us out of the water so the boat could pull up to the dock.
Flag of Scotland!
Angie and I with Nessie
This is my Hamish that I bought. I could not resist. I don't usually buy stuff like this but he is adorable. He was just as bored as me on the ride home and decided to listen to music. Now say his name with me. Hamish. As in, I eat hay and live in Michigan.
Well our dorm room has been smelling increasingly worse the past few days and Wednesday I determined that it smelled like cat pee which is no big deal to me because that's what my bedroom smells like at home when I don't change Alacrity's litter box. However, when we got home Thursday night, a wall of pee stench hit us when we opened the door. SO,... Angie and I went down to reception. I had a couple other questions but then I got to the point where I said, "And third, our room smells like cat pee." I'm sure that's not something they hear every day. We searched the room and could not find the source. My guess is that something died in the wall. I dunno though because this place is pretty nice. Anyways, we got a new room so now instead of being in 2047 we are in 2098 which is forever down the hall. It's quiet down here though. No drunk communication students screaming at 3am or Honors students yelling "We're Honors!" at 1am.
This was the lovely view from our last room. It's Salisbury Crags in case you were wondering. Now we have a view out on reception and a dining hall that looks like a castle. Very cool.

1 comment:

  1. I love all you new exotic friends! Hamish and 'Nessie... :o) What an adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete