About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Dublin Day 4

Day 4 we created our own day trip and went to Blarney Castle. It was a bit expensive but hands down one of my favorite days here. Definitely worth the money. It was a 4.5 hour bus ride to Cork and then another 15-20 min bus to the castle. Plus we had to take a taxi in the morning to get to the bus and then another bus home from the other bus station. We left at 6:55 am and got home that night around 11pm. Long day.

Well as previously mentioned, I love Blarney Castle. Not much has been done to redo it so it's natural?? I guess you can call it that. They have a couple signs labeling the rooms but for the most part you really feel like you have stepped back in time.
To the left of this picture is a set of stairs underground that lead you down a tunnel. We went down there a ways and then decided to take a group picture in one of the small "rooms." Angie pointed out that there was a huge spider on the ceiling (sp?) and Jami started laughing and crying at the same time. Absolutely in hysterics. We were a bit worried about getting her out but in the end she just kind of ran through a whole bunch of people to the exit. What we have learned: do not tell Jami that there is a spider 6 inches from her face when she's in a dark enclosed space. Well we found from other pictures that there were lots of spiders down there. Creepy.
The beautiful scenery surrounding Blarney Castle.
Stairs. I will not miss staircases like this. They are freaky and narrow and I am afraid that I will fall down them and die or just even get stuck.
I kissed the Blarney Stone! Basically what you have to do is lay down on your back at the very top of the castle and then do a backbend to kiss the stone. This lovely gentlemen makes sure that you don't fall onto the bars that are the only thing between you and a 100 foot drop.
See all the wee little people down there? I'm glad I'm not scared of heights. So now supposedly I should have 7 years of good luck and eloquence.
Top of Blarney Castle
Blarney Stone location from ground.
After visiting the castle we went to the gardens around the castle. Definitely worth the time. So gorgeous.
So um..... there's just gonna be lots of pictures now. Deal.
A waterfall... obviously.
Angie was kind of entranced with the moss on the rocks. A 5 hour trip to the castle can make you kind of loopy.... :)
These were the wishing stairs by the waterfall. There are a lot of designated wishing spots here. I don't mind though. My wish just better come true but I think it will. In fact, I had it basically confirmed right after I wished it. My good luck from kissing the Blarney Stone seems like it's working.
This is a cave that I'm sticking my face out of. I can't remember what it's called. Something that starts with a D.
Blarney Castle
Walked down that Lonesome Road........ not by myself.
After the castle we went to a cafe and had some dinner. It was yummy. Then we got back on a bus and went home. On the way home we saw an almost complete rainbow. I think that Irish luck is working.
Um I got bored that night and decided to draw on myself with makeup. Turns out that my makeup doesn't come off very easily although that doesn't seem to be the case when it's on my face. It took a lot of scrubbing to get this beauty off.

No comments:

Post a Comment