About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Edinburgh Day 9

Today I went on a day tour through a company to Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond, and the Glengloye (I think that's the name) Distillery. It means valley of wild geese so you figure it out in Gaelic.

Stirling Castle was cool to see. It was where the battle of Stirling Bridge was fought (in case you could not determine that from the name) which was between the English and the Scots. The mighty William Wallace led the Scots and merely pushed the English off the bridge into the swamps and then killed them. Victory for the Scots even though they were outnumbered 1:5.

However, this is not the original castle from that time. Robert the Bruce had it torn down so that the English could not capture it and control the area again. His son later rebuilt it after he died.
This is about the extent of my amazing photography skills since I just used a timer to take pictures today.
We also stopped at the bonnie bonnie banks of Loch Lomond for lunch. Gorgeous. And of course, I sang the song. The last stop of the day was the whisky distillery. I wasn't planning on going in but if I didn't I would of had to stand around for an hour and a half and possibly talk to the "posh" bus driver. I don't even know what to think of that guy. Overly happy like lots of Scots are and maybe even on the gay side. I don't even know.
The distillery was... educational. I think I can still smell the whisky which is not a smell I find pleasant. However, I now know the general gist of how to make whisky and I must say, I do not have any more of an urge to drink any especially now that I know what it is. The group I was with and the tour guide at the distillery thought I was crazy for not drinking any. Pass. Icky

No comments:

Post a Comment