About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

London Day 19

Well since it is our last weekend in London *tear tear* we had to pack a lot into one day to get what we wanted done. We started off the day with an English breakfast except that I'm lame and ordered "American Pan Cakes" instead of toast, eggs, sausage, bacon, beans, and grilled tomato. I also did that for my first meal in Mexico. Lame but I wanted pancakes.

This is the Tube and my lovely tube pass. I think I might miss it once it leaves. Especially the stop that I'm at in the picture because a train comes almost every minute instead of the half an hour I have to wait for the city bus at home.
After breakfast we went to the Royal Observatory. It took about an hour to get there but luckily it was all on the tube so it was free (kinda)


We had to climb up a hill to get to the Royal Observatory and there was a pretty decent view

This is the 24 hour clock. Trippy, right?
The Royal Observatory is most famous for......................... being on the Prime Meridian!
Yes here I am almost standing on the Prime Meridian. Way cool

It also houses the most accurate time count which is what I'm pointing to. (the time. duh)
Standing on 2 halves of the world
Huge 28'' telescope. When I saw it I said it looked a little bit bigger than 28'' to me. Little did I know that it was 28'' in diameter. I swear I'm losing brain cells rapidly over here.
This is..... well we don't know what it is but we took a picture anyways
After visiting the Royal Observatory we ran home for some lunch and then went to the National History museum where the Butterfly Jungle is located outside.
And as you probably know, I really like butterflies. :)

Even real ones.
Even when they are doing inappropriate things in public
Heck I even got one to go on my finger. By force of course and then the staff lady told me that they had to CHOOSE to land on me. LAME
The butterflies were in a tent that was like a rainforest so it was nice and hot and humid with cool plants. Because people sometimes step on butterflies they have a hatchery (is that the right word?) with lots of cocoons.

There was even a butterfly that had recently hatched. Can you see it?
Here's a table with bananas and oranges with butterflies eating
This is one of my favorite butterflies!
Again.... lovely
OM goodness! A butterfly! Imagine that..... *rolls eyes*
A mirror to make sure you are not attached to any butterflies before you walk out

After we finished at the butterfly garden we went into the actual museum.
I must say, the Natural History Museum is pretty bombdiggidy
We got to see some dinosaurs.
Okay, LOTS of dinosaurs.
I didn't know that sex was a basic need. Thank you for letting me know that. That was definitely on my list of things to learn while I was here.
The giant panda!! Amanda Panda! or Pamanda I guess as Tabitha has begun calling me
This picture is for Brianna. See the beluga whale?
Ugly pants of the day. The picture does not do them justice but just believe me that they were.... interesting.
This is what the inside of the tube looks like. This was at about 10pm and we weren't really in the center of London so that's why it's empty. Lately we've been having to suck our stomachs in to the doors dont shut on us it's that tight.
~The End

No comments:

Post a Comment