(Since it's easier I will be referring to the pictures in this post as "today" even though they were certainly not taken today. It's just easier that way. Don't ask questions.)
TODAY was the daytrip to Dover and Canterbury.
Dover is most famous for Dover Castle which was built to protect them from Napolean and then later used in WW2. Also where the D-day boats came from.
Dover Castle
I love British signs
I wanted to go to the beach SO bad but we just didn't have time. I never thought that the first time I would see the Atlantic would be from the East side of it
Dover Castle.... again
lots of daisies
it was windy
first century lighthouse at Dover Castle
LOVEEEEEEEEE
Sound of Music???
Look................ free drinks at the Dover Castle gift shop. I would have tried that plum wine (the pink stuff on the left)
Here's one of the drawbridges at Dover Castle
I love this picture. LOVE IT
After Dover we went to Canterbury and walked along this creek on the way to the cathedral
Canterbury Cathedral.
I think this was me mostly being excited that it was almost time to go home. SOOOO tired.
Standing by the grave of Henry V (I think?) in Canterbury Cathedral
Group picture on the balcony attached to the cliff in Dover. It was so clear you could see France. No joke.








No comments:
Post a Comment