About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Dublin Day 1

Okay I finally got the pictures to upload . Yay! Well Dublin was my favorite city here in Europe. London is amazing for places to visit and see and Edinburgh has the cool fairytale scenery but Dublin is a happy city. The people there are really nice and open and friendly. Lots of people in London kept to themselves as many Americans here do but in Dublin if we were talking about where we were going on the bus and needed directions the people on the buses would tell us where to go and get off. They're like that here in Edinburgh too but a bit more in Dublin. Love that place.

Well we got to Dublin in the morning. We left London at 4:15 am which was early but compared to our flight to Edinburgh it was great. This is a view of Ireland right before we landed.

One of the first signs we saw in Dublin was to inform drivers to stay on the left side of the road. I find a problem with this. First, if you're driving and read this sign, won't you already be on the left hand side of the road? And second.... why would anyone be driving who didn't know that you're supposed to drive on the left side of the road. Duh?
This was my lunch when we got to our flats at UCD. (University College of Dublin). They made them at the market on campus and it was absolutely delicious especially after not eating since early that morning. I'm getting hungry just looking at it.
Look Tabitha-- you can live in Dublin. They have wheat germ for you. :)Our flats consisted of 4 seperate bedrooms with doors, 2 bathrooms, and a big room with 2 couches, a coffee table, a dining table, and a huge kitchen center complete with a stove, microwave, toaster, fridge, and freezer. Heck yes we were living good. I loved that place.
Jami, Jenn, Angie, and I shared a flat and I got bedroom #1. I put my "Mind the Gap" sticker on the door and I am extremely sad to say that I forgot it when we left. I really wanted it. Dang.
This is my room. Well, part of it. There was also a closet/shelves set.
Here is the kitchen area. The couches are to the left and you can see a corner of the couch in the picture. There were lots of big windows in the flat which I really liked. I was tempted to pull out my binoculars though and spy on other people in their flats buy I refrained. This is the view from my bedroom window. It's not much but I loved sitting in the windowsill looking out the window. It was perfect because the window was cold but the heater was right below me and I could put my feet on it and warm them up. Well, that is when the heater was on.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda, they have wheat germ here as well. And I'm surprised you didn't give in to your creeper tendencies. In Japan, they would call you a pervert, except usually only guys are called that. Hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know they have wheat germ in the U.S. as well but I was merely saying that Ireland is an option too. And.... I am a man. Duh. But no pervert. sorry. Just bored and in love of stalking for entertainment.

    ReplyDelete