About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

London Day 20

Well this morning I went to the Science Museum. As a nerd, it was a necessity.

They had an exhibit for Wallace and Gromit which I did not pay the money to go to but I took a picture of one of the displays. I oppose Wallace and Gromit (sp?) but I figured I would take it for the sake of Tabitha, Hyrum, Austin, and Tanner.
This was the first physics problem for kinetics. A cannon ball being shot off a tall building. LOVE the nerdiness.
This is a machine to do simple calculus problems. I love that I can do them quickly in my head.
This is a celestial map instead of a terrestrial map. It's a map of the constellations. Pretty cool I think.
I also learned about the cycle of life although this picture was taken at the Natural History Museum later on in the day when I went back to it.
Yes this is a real bird. No joke. And it died to have it's body stretched out and labeled. How depressing.
This was a tree of humminbirds. AWESOME
All 250 colors of diamonds. Very cool collection.
The taxi we took back from the temple Friday-- well I thought it was a Jaguar because it had this symbol.
But um I think I have definitely lost lots of brain cells because it was not a jaguar as I saw when I spotted another car like it today. I guess Peugeots are still really nice cars though.
Well after 2 museums this morning Jami and I went to a fireside. We couldnt go to church because they were having stake conference and President Uchtdorf was speaking so it was a ticketed event and we couldnt get tickets because we dont live here. Obviously. There was a fireside at 4 though that they said all YSA could come to so we went to that. We didn't know though that Uchtdorf would also be speaking at that along with Neal A. Andersen, the 2nd counselor in the General YW presidency (and also Monson's daughter), and the General Primary president. Pretty cool, huh? I got to shake hands with all of them too. It was an awesome meeting.
Well I have a paper to finish in the next 15 minutes so I bid you all farewell. I'm just glad I got caught up in my blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment