About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Monday, June 1, 2009

London Day 14

This morning after class Jami and I decided that we needed to clean our floor because it was becoming rather nasty.
So we found Henry. And we love him. Our floors are now clean.
During the tour at the beginning of my trip we were supposed to go to the Westminster Abbey and tour it but it was closed so we went today. For 2 hours exactly. The inside wasn't quite what I expected. I really liked the gothic pointy arches. There are about 3000 people buried inside. I stood on the graves of Tennyson, Handel, Lewis Carroll, Rudyard Kipling and many other famous or rich people. I also walked on the grave of Phillip Clark. He was a plumber. I guess all the workers from the Abbey have the right to be buried there so he was one of them. I also saw the graves of Queen Elizabeth I, Mary of Scots, Henry V, Edward I,............... and many other notable people. OH and one of my favorites-- Darwin. I suppose it was the church's way of getting him back. Supposedly though he was a deeply religious man (although I remember him being atheist but maybe I'm mistaken).


We just went to a pub called Builder's Arms where I had my first experience of fish and chips. It was pretty good but I have yet to find anything that beats Jim Crick trout. Oh how I will miss it this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment